Get the Look: Nicole Richie's 1960s Ponytail
Last night, Nicole Richie attended Charlotte Ronson's Beauty Launch event for Sephora in West Hollywood sporting a fun yet sophisticated 1960s-inspired fringe and high ponytail. Wella Professionals celebrity stylist Andy Lecompte tells us how he gave his famous client this easy-to-achieve look:
- To start, Lecompte applied Wella Professionals Thermal Image Heat Protection Spray to each section of Richie's already dry locks before smoothing the hair with a flat iron.
- Lecompte pulled a mohawk section of the hair up and away while he gathered the rest of the hair into a super high pony at the crown of the head, securing it with two elastics.
- Lecompte then released the mohawk section of the hair and lightly blasted it with a blow dryer to find a part and smooth out any kinks
- He lightly shook out the top section of the hair to let face-framing fringe fall, then separated the remaining hair into two sections on both sides of the head
- Lecompte wrapped the sections around the pony pin one at a time and secured with hair pins to hide the elastics and give shape to the head.
- To finish the look, Lecompte smoothed flyaways and set the look with a light mist of Stay Essential Finishing Spray. He then misted on Shimmer Delight Shine Spray for some extra red carpet shine.