Moroccanoil Hairstylist Delphine Courteille For Yiqing Yin and Christophe Josse
Looks From The Yiqing Yin Show
Whimsical wardrobes swept the runway at the Yiqing Yin Les Rives De Lunacy haute couture autumn/winter 2013 show. The collection was inspired by the French cult movie The Pool (Deray, 1969) referencing to the lead actress Romy Schneider who flaunted a sleek and clean low-bun.
Moroccanoil hairstylist Delphine Courteille had a delicate vision for the models. “Between dreams and earthly visions, floating clouds and streams of light, the collection created by Yiqing Yin flows at the heart of the universe in which material becomes one with the soul," she said.
Here's how she achieved the look:
1. She prepped the hair with Moroccanoil Treatment to add moisture and shine.
2. Next, she used Moroccanoil XLPRO Paddle Brush to blow dry the hair straight, then applied Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to give hair a sleek, smooth texture with a soft, natural-looking hold.
3. She tied the hair at the neck, then set and secured the ponytail with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
4. Courtielle then separated the ponytail into two equal sections, wrapped one section on itself and twisted around the elastic, secured with pins and then sprayed with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray.
Looks From The Christophe Josse Show
Christophe Josse haute couture autumn/winter 2013 show featured pastel hues such as ivory, alabaster and limestone complimenting his overall look. “A slender silhouette, inspired by pictures of farmers in Central Europe, stressed the Slavic embroidery design. An ‘Haute couture’ rooted in the contemporary, which combines modernity, dynamism and control of excellence. I wanted the hair to embrace the spirit of the collection and emphasize the proposed graphic silhouette,” Josse said.
Here's how Courtielle created the look:
1. She prepped with Moroccanoil Treatment for condition and manageability.
2. Second, she straightened the hair in sections using a Moroccanoil XLPRO Paddle Brush with a Moroccanoil Professional Series Hair Dryer and a flat iron until all of the hair was perfectly straight.
3. Courtielle applied Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream or Moroccanoil Frizz Control, depending on the hair texture, in order to keep the strands straight.
4. Next, she separated the top section and made a part from ear to ear to create a half ponytail, then secured the hair with an elastic.
5. She wrapped a small section of hair around the elastic and pinned the end under the ponytail, then sprayed with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Medium.
6. Finally, Courtielle tied all the hair together between the shoulder blades and finished the look with a drop of Moroccanoil Treatment.
- Cristina Goodwin