In addition to serving as senior editor for American Salon, Jolene Turner is responsible for spearheading the publication's digital media activities. Turner writes and researches topics related to hair and skincare, from new technological advancements to what salon owners are doing to make their businesses a success. Outside of work, Jolene volunteers for the NYC-based non-profit Anjellicle Cats Rescue and writes and performs comedy theater.
Deadline to Enter October 1st! Pin to Win! 2013 Redken Symposium/American Salon Contest
Show us your style for your chance to win a 4 day/3 night trip, January 20-23, 2013 to Las Vegas to attend the 2013 Redken Symposium at the Mandalay Bay Hotel and Casino, and be featured in the April 2013 issue of American Salon!
To see our prototype in full, visit us on Pinterest! For complete details go to Facebook or See below! WHO Teams of 2 licensed hairstylists are invited to enter! HOW As a team, create 1 online inspiration board using the social media site Pinterest. The board should be reflective of the latest trends and the team’s combined philosophies on styling. The board should show the following:
- 2 inspiring hairstyles that were seen on a celebrity or on any runway from this year.
- At least 3 Redken products that can be used to achieve a version of the styles; a brief how-to should be noted on the pin. The images should be pinned from redken.com.
- At least 3 additional images related to art, fashion or beauty to support the team’s style and vision. For example, an image can be of a cool pair of sunglasses, apparel, jewelry or artwork.
Additionally, the team should write a 50-word essay describing their board and why they should win. PRIZE
- Paid airfare to the 2013 Redken Symposium
- Hotel accommodations at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino (Separate rooms available for opposite genders)
- 2 tickets to the 2013 Redken Symposium
- 1 page feature in American Salon that documents the winning team’s experience in their own words. (The team will need to keep a diary and snap photos of the experience. American Salon editors will help to construct their story.)
- 2 runners up will receive Redken gift bags with the latest collection of haircare and styling products.
JUDGING American Salon Editor in Chief/Beauty Director Kelley Donahue and Redken Education Artistic Director Sam Villa will judge the entered boards. The winner will be announced on American Salon’s Facebook by October 31, 2012.