Corie Hengst is a New York-based associate editor at American Salon with several years of experience in print and online media. Always active in her passion, she has tackled writing projects over the years ranging from business books to greeting cards. Before joining American Salon, she was editor at a finance magazine. In her current role, she reports on a variety of topics in the professional beauty industry including salon services and hair and nail trends.
Mercedes-Benz Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Week: Hugo Boss
For Hugo Boss's clean, sophisticated collection, Redken Creative Consultant Guido used Satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion to give models a frizz-free finish with silky smoothness. To get the look, he pulled hair into a tight low ponytail, then applied forceful 23 super strength finishing spray to his hands before smoothing out remaining flyaways.
"The Fall/Winter 2014 Hugo Boss collection remained true to the brand's design aesthetic, so it was important for me to create a hairstyle that further amplified such qualities of richness and luxury," Guido says.
To create the look:
- Apply pillow proof blow dry express primer to damp hair.
- Apply satinwear 02 prepping blow-dry lotion.
- Blow-dry hair until smooth with natural bristle brush.
- Create a deep, clean side part.
- Pull back into ponytail and secure with elastic.
- Spray forceful 23 super strength finishing spray onto hands before smoothing away any flyaways.
- Use a curling iron to add movement into the ponytail if necessary.
(Photos by Greg Kessler for Redken)