Get the Look: Opening Night at Los Angeles Fashion Weekend
Wella Professionals was the title sponsor of Los Angeles Fashion Weekend, bringing in Top Artists Christopher Dove, Michael Haase, Ginger Boyle and Claudio Lazo to style looks for each of the five runway shows that took place.
“The shapes are understated and very luxurious,” said Lazo, who created this opening night look. Below, he shares his secrets for getting the glossy, glamorous curls:
- Apply Wella Professionals Extra Volume Styling Mousse to wet hair.
- Blow hair smooth and reapply the mousse. If you have extra texture to your hair, put a small amount of Wella Professionals Rugged Fix Matte Molding Crème. "The idea is to build up product to provide 'grip' to the hair," says Lazo.
- Section hair into quadrants. Curl each, leaving ends out so there’s a bit of bend. “Heat until you touch the barrel and your fingers are not comfortable,” said Lazo. “It’s crucial to get enough heat to penetrate.”
- Gently separate curls so they don’t hug.
- Finish with a hold product like Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz.