Get the Look: Natalie Portman at the People's Choice Awards
Forget ballerina buns; Black Swan star Natalie Portman opted for soft and sophisticated ponytail at last night's People's Choice Awards. Her stylist, John D, told us how he used Phyto products to get the look:
- John D. started by prepping Portman's towel-dried hair, spraying Phytovolume Actif at the roots to build in some lift.
- He then emulsified used equal parts Phyto 7 and Phyto Professional Glossing Cream (about a pea-size drop of each) in his hands and ran the mixture through the ends of her hair to add extra moisture and shine. "This is great for hair that gets styled often," he says.
- After drying Portman's hair, he curled 1-inch sections with a 3/4-inch Enzo Milano curling rod, concentrating on getting lift at the base/root area. He misted the curls with Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray and gave it a quick comb with his fingers.
- Next, John D. sectioned out a small top section at the bang area to be pulled back and styled; he gathered the rest of her hair back into a ponytail (he wrapped some hair around the elastic band to conceal it).
- After securing the pony, he released the top section--maintaining its lift--and parted it slightly to the side.
- Once the style was fully in place, he gave it a final misting of Phyto Professional Workable Holding Spray to make it last throughout the show.