Get the Look: Summer's Hottest Hair Trends From Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli
Salons across the country are gearing up for summer with a new twist on styling (think: perfect blowouts, braids and messy buns and now you’ve got the idea). Right on cue, Macadamia Natural Oil Global Artist Nathan Cheli shares his foolproof tips for creating the season’s hottest looks and keeping strands in peak condition.
- A great foundation is the perfect start to any style. To that end, prep the hair with a nourishing treatment such as Macadamia Natural Oil's Deep Repair Masque, which penetrates instantly, improving shine and elasticity. After shampooing, apply the Masque along with some Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment, leaving the blend in the hair for 10 minutes.
- To achieve the season’s au courant blow-out style, call on a 100-percent boar bristle brush with a round ceramic base (Macadamia’s Hot Curling Boar Brush is a good one to try. The boar bristles supply tug, while the ceramic base acts like an iron, distributing sebum oil to the hair and sealing the cuticles. The result? Beautiful locks brimming with shine and movement. For the grand finale, spritz hair with Macadamia Control Working Spray, which supplies a medium, long-lasting and flexible hold sans buildup or residue.
- Braids are a fantastic summer hairstyle option for clients. Create a quick braid around the hairline for them, or fashion a braid by sweeping the hair up and away from the face. They easily pull out the braid at-home and coax the hair into an uncontrived bun that can be worn very high, to the side or very low.
- Show clients how easy it to transition their style from day to night with a curling iron. After pulling out the braids, messy bun, or sleek style, emulsify a bit of Macadamia Natural Oil Healing Oil Treatment in the hands before raking it through the hair’s mid-lengths and ends. Finger-comb locks, then take a small hair section from around the face and mist it with Control Working Spray, wrapping the hair away from face and around the iron like a wand. Repeat this step on random hair sections or on the entire head before adjusting the curls into place and pinning. Finish with Control Working Spray.
- To achieve a look that more’s simple, brush back the hair with one of Macadamia Natural Oil’s antistatic boar bristle brushes before finishing the no-muss look with Control Working Spray.