Mercedes-Benz Fall/Winter 2014 Fashion Week: Christian Siriano
Christian Siriano’s Fall 2014 collection was inspired by late Swedish fashion model Lisa Fonssagrives, who the designer sees as the muse of Parisian beauty and glamour. That said, the collection paid homage to the '60s, but with a modern flair that came off as a lady-like cool vibe.
To coincide with the look, Lead Artist Anthony Cole for Sebastian Professional created a gorgeous chignon low to the nape that looked effortless, pretty and a true combination of tradition and contemporary. The chignon is always a vintage staple, but by uniquely twisting a pony through itself and pinned up, Cole brought the look up-to-date for 2014.
Below is the how-to:
The Hair Look:
- Start by spraying Dry Clean Only around hair line, eventually covering head; brush
- Work Mousse Forte from root to tip of hair, covering entire head
- Create part directly down the center of head and slick each side over ear using Gel Forte
- Gather all hair at nape of neck and secure in low ponytail
- Finger-tease ponytail starting with underneath layer using Shaper Hairspray
- Pin ponytail underneath hair elastic creating an elegant, low bun
- Synch and secure the bun to ensure it remains in-tact using bobby pins and Shaper Hairspray