Professional styling products manufacturer Sedu recently named Stephanie McCrary’s Sasha Fauhawk as the winning style in their Banish Boring Hair Contest. McCrary, co-owner of the London Hair Salon in Charleston, SC, showed that Sedu flat irons can do more than just straighten hair by creating a voluminous crop with a sleek frontal mohawk. As a stylist with 30 years of professional experience, McCrary cites photo shoot work as her passion. “I find that it makes me a better hairstylist to my clients, and doing photo shoots help me stay up with the trends in color and styling,” McCrary said. “This contest was a chance to do edgy, progressive hair.” For her winning entry, Sedu awarded McCrary with $1,000 in cash and a Sedu styling took kit worth $500, in addition to getting her look published in a major trade magazine. —Jennifer Bernstein
Help your clients get the Sasha Fauhawk by following these simple instructions:
- Shampoo and condition as usual and prep hair by working a sculpting lotion through damp hair.
- Blow dry with large round brush to smooth hair.
- Next, carve out top section from front hairline to crown and separate from the rest of the head.
- Starting at crown, separate into small sections, spritzing each section with thermal styling spray and then flat iron each section up and away from head, working my way toward front hairline.
- Once all sections are flat ironed up and away, break up the sections with backcombing and use a pomade to finish for definition and shine.