Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on 90’s cool girls at Alexander Wang’s FW 2017 Show. “I was inspired by cool tomboys this season at Wang. It’s classic Alex Wang – this is the kind of girl that’s been out all night at a party, she’s the type of girl who everyone wants to hang out with. This show is also varied in its cast. We have some girls who we’ve cut, which is one of Alex’s trademarks. Most notable dramatic transformation was with Cat McNeil which was a nod to Linda Evangelista in the 90’s. We used Wax Blast 10 on most of the models to give a piecey, slept-in look.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK:
- Start with natural, clean hair.
- Mist Wax Blast 10 on the lengths and ends to enhance natural texture of the hair and create separation between strands.
- Use a curling iron on random pieces of hair to add additional bend to the hair.
- Create a piecey look by taking small pieces of hair between hands and scrunching up the ends, spraying Wind Blown 05 for added texture.
- Finish by spraying Shine Flash 02 to give all over shine.