Wella Professionals: Winter Warm-Up
Wella Top Artist Nicole Leal of Nine Zero One Salon in Los Angeles shares her secrets for creating a rich copper hue as warm as a winter hearth with a finish as shiny as a new penny.
- The model’s hair was a natural level 6, virgin with very fine, wavy texture. Begin by parting the hair from ear to ear. Working from the crown down to the nape, take 1½-inch slices and apply formula A from mid-lengths to ends. Work from the crown forward, applying the color in the same manner but using 1-inch slices, bringing the hair back and away from the face. Apply formula B to the root area and process for 40 minutes.
- Rinse out with Wella Professionals Color Post Treatment to lock in color.
- For extra condition, perform the Oil Reflective Service. Prepare: Cleanse with Brilliance Shampoo.
- Protect: Apply Oil Reflections to hair from mid-lengths to ends. Apply Enrich Treatment mask to hair.
- Pamper: Massage the head, then wrap in a warm, wet towel. Let client sit for 10 minutes under a heat source. Rinse with warm water and then towel dry.
- Before styling, recondition and prime hair with Brilliance Leave In Mousse, combing through to the ends. Apply Velvet Amplifier to hair to set the foundation for great style. Create volume and movement with Extra Volume Mousse by working it with your hands and caressing through the mid-lengths and ends.
- Use Oil Reflections on the mid-lengths and ends to prep the hair for blow-drying. Dry hair in 3-inch panels with large round brushes. Tightly twist each section into a curl and pin away to create soft movement. Spray all over with Stay Essential Hair Spray for a medium hold.
Formula A (mid-lengths and ends)
120g Illumina Color 7/43 + 120g 30-volume Koleston Perfect Crème Developer
Formula B (roots)
60g Illumina Color 7/43 + 60g 20-volume Koleston Perfect Crème Developer
Get Your Daily Beauty Fix and be up on the latest professional news, advice, tips and stories — straight to your inbox daily.