Erik Ramos, founder of app-building company Efexx Apps, hosted a class at the International Beauty Show New York this year, where he shared the benefits of developing a mobile app for your salon. Here, a few key takeaways to note.
1. Personalized Mobile Booking Your current online booking software can be built into an app for an easy transition. Companies like Efexx have the ability to create a mobile booking system catered to your business’ needs.
2. New Revenue Ramos recommends adding a $3 to $5 booking fee that the customer pays through the app. This alone has created revenue for many salons Ramos works with.
3. Push Notification Marketing “When you create a custom app, you get lock screen and home screen visibility for your brand,” Ramos says. Push notifications are also an effective way to relay news, versus email blasts, because of visibility.
4. Streamlined Online Presence An app can bring together all social media accounts on one platform. Allowing clients to see everything in one place strengthens and solidifies a brand, Ramos says.
5. Loyalty Rewards and Retention Adding incentives like a digital loyalty card to your app can encourage clients to continue rebooking.
For more, visit efexx.com