Braids are an easy way to get that model-off-duty, cool girl look. At Max Mara FW20, hairstylist Sam McKnight (@hairbysammcknight) channeled Boy George with braids that he tied with torn strips of leftover fabric from the shirts of the collection. Here's how to get the look:
1. Place a natural middle parting with a tail comb
2. Lightly mist in Hair by Sam McKnight Cool Girl through roots and mid-lengths for texture.
3. Take a fine section from behind the ear and braid a slim braid from root to tip.
4. Secure with a small elastic.
5. Repeat the braid close to the front at the top of the head on the opposite side.
6. Tie the ends of the braids with a strip of fabric.
7. Gently pull the hair back into a low ponytail and tie with an elastic.
8. Tease the roots at the crown with your fingers for texture.