Fall might be just around the corner, but it's never too late to cool things down for the rest of the summer. California-based stylist and salon owner Brooklyn Cardenas entered this icy blonde creation in the Paul Mitchell 2020 Color Outside the Lines contest and took home the award for Best Blonde. Here, she's breaking down the formula and inspiration behind the look.
“The creative process is a lot like the blonding process," Cardenas says. "You start out with unlimited possibilities and work through your inspiration. Then, because you have a strong foundation of truth and understanding you know your limitations and boundaries, you can decide on where you want to go. Now, the key is to have the patience in the process.”
Get the look:
- Paul Mitchell Synchrolift+ with 20 Volume Paul Mitchell Cream Developer
- Paul Mitchell the Demi Flash Toner Brass-Free Violet with Paul Mitchell Processing Liquid
- Section hair into 4 quadrants.
- Starting in the back, or where hair is the darkest, apply the Paul Mitchell Synchrolift+ formula to the base. Place a small foil or cotton in between each section.
- Let process until hair is a pale-yellow level 10.
- Rinse and Shampoo
- Apply Flash Toner Brass-Free Violet from Paul Mitchell the Demi to towel dried hair. Start at the base and work into the ends.
- Process for 10 min
- Rinse and condition
- Style as desired