At the 2021 Oscars, Best Actress nominee Viola Davis paired her white Alexander McQueen gown with a glamorous 'fro-hawk, the creation of celebrity and Academy Award-winning hairstylist Jamika Wilson.
Here is how she got the look:
- I started by washing and conditioning to add moisture to the hair, creating the perfect foundation for the style.
- Upon towel-drying, I used Matrix Total Results Miracle Creator Multi-Benefit Treatment Spray and sprayed all over for protection of the hair. It’s super versatile and has 20 beautifying benefits for the hair. It nourishes, boosts shine, adds moisture, protects against heat and more.
- Once hair is dry, use a small curling iron to define curls and add a bit more curl and texture to the style.
- To taper and slick the sides, I used a small amount of Matrix Style Link Super Fixer Strong Hold Gel.
- The style is finished off using Matrix Total Results High Amplify Flexible Hold Hairspray for flexible strong hold for continuous lift and volume along with shine! The look is set in place to last all evening.