While most of the 78th Golden Globe Awards took place virtually, a few of Hollywood's biggest stars had the opportunity to walk the red carpet. Salma Hayek, Like a Boss star and one of the evening's presenters, hit the red carpet wearing a one-shoulder gown complimented by ultra-shiny, romantic waves. Here, celebrity hairstylist Jennifer Yepez shares how she got the look.
- Start with damp hair and apply UNITE’s 7SECONDS Detangler from mid-shaft to ends. The cult-favorite leave-in conditioner instantly adds moisture to the hair, seals the cuticle and adds a base of protection prior to heat styling.
- Then apply two pumps of U Oil, mostly on ends. This multi-tasking Argan Oil shines, seals, and protects hair from heat & UV damage while delivering a mega-dose of hydration. It quickly smooths frizz and flyaways, hydrates dry and damaged ends and reduces blow-dry time.
- Next, apply BOOSTA Volumizing Spray from the roots to the mid-shaft. This body-building volumizing spray to give Salma’s hair a boost of weightless volume with a healthy sheen and enhanced texture.
- After you have applied all the products you can start your blow dry with a medium round brush. I like to start making my clean sections at the nape and work my way up. Once you have blow dried all of the hair nice and sleek, I make my sections once again starting at the nape and clipping up the hair. I like to use a 1 ¾ curling iron and take about 1-inch sections and wrap the hair around the curling iron starting at the root and leaving the ends out.
- The key is to wrap one section going downwards and the following section upwards. When you are framing the face, you want to wave one section downwards and then wave the following section away from the face. Once you’re done waving all of the hair, I take a large tooth comb and I comb all of the hair. Do not brush the hair as that will give a different look.
- Once I comb out all of the hair out and make sure I have a clean middle part, I spray all the flyaways and clean the hairline with GO365 Hairspray. This hairspray is amazing because it’s a three in one hold hairspray so you can go soft medium or strong hold.
- Once you have sprayed the hair in place, I finish off the look with 7SECONDS Glossing Spray just at the ends to give a beautiful shine to the waves.