If your client wants effortless waves, look no further than this technique from celebrity stylist Kylee Heath. Heath was the mane maven behind Jennifer Garner's simple, yet sultry style for this year's SAG Awards and she called on Virtue products to get the job done. “Jen has an effortlessness and ease in her nature that we wanted to capture," Heath says. "We wanted her hair to capture movement and grace to pair with her vibrant red dress."
1. To get the look, Heath started by applying Virtue Volumizing Mousse to the roots at the crown of Jennifer’s damp hair.
2. She then applied Virtue Volumizing Primer throughout the roots and ends.
3. After, she rough dried the hair, tossing the roots every which way.
4. Once the hair was 70 percent dry, she styled with a round brush for added volume and shine, adding Virtue Lifting Powder to the crown and giving a light tease.
5. Next, she added texture by alternating between a 1-inch and a 1 ¼- inch curling iron and rocking the iron back and forth to create a loose wave.
6. To add softness around the face, she worked with larger sections towards the front and took smaller actions in the back for a little extra texture.
7. Once the hair cooled, she gave the hair a light brush though and sprayed the Virtue Texturizing Spray to break the waves up.
8. To finish, she applied a small amount of the Virtue Healing Oil. First rubbing it into her hands to activate the protein, she applied to ends and then ran throughout the rest of the hair for added shine.