It can wrap up leftovers, protect oven racks and even soften hard sugar (seriously, who knew?), but did you know aluminum foil could also be used to make Bohemian-style waves? You read that right—an everyday household item can quickly create the salon-worthy waves that your clients crave in the comfort of their own home. The next time a client asks how to recreate their post-blowout, glossy waves at home, share these quick tips:
1. Start with cutting strips of foil about four inches longer than the hair length. Fold the strips in half lengthwise, and gently squeeze into a rod shape.
2. Spray hair all over with ECRU New York Curl Perfect Rejuvenating Moisture Mist and work ECRU New York Curl Perfect Defining Styling Potion from roots to ends. Take a section of hair and clip the foil rod two inches above it to hold in place.
3. Slightly twist the hair to the right as you wind it around the foil to the left. *Make sure the hair is always twisted in the opposite direction that you are wrapping.
4. Continue around the entire head.
5. Secure the ends with a pin curl clip, leaving the tips of the hair out. Continue taking random sections of hair to create a natural feel throughout the hair.
6. Apply heat using a flat iron to each section—gently squeezing, but not flattening the curl.
7. Remove foil and shake out using ECRU New York Dry Texture Spray.