Inspired by romantic fabrics and colors seen on this year’s runways, Goldwell National Artist, Nick Pagano (@nickpaganohairdesign), created an unforgettable blonde shade that he's calling "Rise Blonde." This warm blonde color incorporates cool tones and brilliant pastel accents, with a color palette of buttermilk, creamy yellow, periwinkle, antique rose and sea-glass green. Here’s how you can recreate the look.
Get The Look:
- A: 35 ml SilkLift 6% (20vol) Conditioning Cream Developer + 1 scoop of SilkLift High Performance Lightener + 3 pumps of Intensive Conditioning Serum Concentrate.
- B: 20ml [email protected] + 10ml [email protected] + 1ml [email protected]
- C: Sea Glass Green: 1ml Elumen [email protected] + 5ml [email protected] + 20ml [email protected]
- D: Periwinkle: 20ml Elumen [email protected] + 10ml [email protected] + 3ml [email protected]
- E: Antique Rose: 20ml Elumen [email protected] + 5ml [email protected] + 2ml [email protected]
Step1. First, start by pre-lighting the hair with formula A. Use a stronger face-framing pattern. This can be done in a block-color technique (use macro sections to pre-lighten). Sections should start just behind the temple on the round of the head. Place three macro sections back-to-back, then leave a half-inch section out and repeat above the round of the head.
Step 2. Lighten to desired level, and shampoo with Dualsenses Color Shampoo.
Step 3. Next, apply New Blonde to damp hair and process for five minutes.
Step 5. Resection the hair to isolate the pre-lightened hair, and color the remaining hair with formula B.
Step 6. Next, in your pre-lightened sections take horizontal micro sections and paint formula C in a one-inch section beginning at the root. Then feather the color into the remaining hair. This base formula will help to anchor and integrate subsequent shades for a watercolor effect.
Step 7. Paint in the overlaying formula D using a “V” formation. This creates an intermediate color when placed over formula C. These colors should be melted into each other seamlessly.
Step 8. To achieve the antique-rose effect, apply formula E as follows:
- Melt Antique Rose formula with Sea Glass Green and Periwinkle to create a strong, yet muted blend of accent shades.
- Observe the process time. Shampoo twice with Elumen Wash, towel dry well and apply Elumen Lock for five minutes. Rinse well and condition with Elumen Treat.
Credits: Makeup: Cheryl Esposito, Hair: Goldwell National Artist Nick Pagano, Clothing stylist: Rod Nova, Photographer: Andrea Urbinati
About: Kao USA Inc. Salon Division: Kao USA Inc. Salon Division (“Kao Salon Division”) is a business division of Kao USA Inc., which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Kao Corporation. Kao Salon Division is a thought and trend leader in the professional hair care industry as well as the home of the Goldwell and KMS California brands. The mission of Kao Salon Division is to enrich the lives of stylists, salon owners and their clients through partnership, salon business growth and our salon exclusive portfolio of advanced services, innovative products and inspiring education.