Last weekend at New York Fashion Week, Jon Reyman (@jonreymanhair) created a wet-look sculptural braid wrapped with a wire cuff for the Academy of Art University’s SS18 show, which encompassed seven different designer collections. Using the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer, Reyman was able to create the style’s sleekness quickly backstage. The result: a strong modern look that was the perfect complement to the different designers and their runway styles.
Get the Look:
- Start with damp hair. Apply a generous amount of Aveda Glossing Straightener and Aveda Phomollient.
- Dry hair using the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer and an Olivia Garden Mixed Boar Bristle Brush. To make the hair as sleek and smooth as possible, use the Dyson Supersonic Styling Concentrator attachment and direct the airflow downward to seal cuticles.
- Saturate hair by applying a liberal amount of emulsified Aveda Control Paste and Spray On Shine to create grip.
- Use an Olivia Garden Carbon + Ion Comb to create a dramatic asymmetrical side part at the hair line, and slick your sections of hair back. Secure into a ponytail right at the occipital with an elastic.
- Braid the ponytail and fold it in half upward on top itself (so the end of the braid is up at the ponytail’s elastic). Wrap with elastic and knot to secure.
- To attach the silver wire cuff, push it through from the end of the folded braid up to the elastics.
- Finish the style by misting with more Aveda Spray On Shine.
About: Dyson’s state-of-the-art laboratory has dedicated itself to hair research for over four years. With 2,000 engineers and more than 500 inventions, Dyson continuously looks for solutions to everyday problems. From years of research, Dyson engineers have learned how hair reacts to stress, how to keep it healthy, and how to achieve a desired style.
About: Founded in 1978 in Minneapolis, MN, Aveda creates plant-based hair, skin and body products for beauty professionals and consumers. Aveda innovates in botanical technologies, combining the principles of modern science and Ayurveda, the ancient healing art of India, to develop performance-driven hair, skin and body products—made with pure flower and plant essences— that are created with respect for the Earth, and a comprehensive menu of ritual-based treatments for holistic beauty. www.aveda.com
About: Olivia Garden was created in 1967 by Jean & Micheline Rennette in Liège, Belgium. It was founded on the principles of providing hairdressers with high quality, innovative, beautiful & cutting-edge salon tools.Today, Olivia Garden enjoys a position as market leader & has earned over 55 patents making its products widely popular with hairdressers in more than 102 countries.