This festival season, get Redken-ready braids with top tips and tricks from Redken Educator Spencer Henry!
· Mist the hair with Redken Pillow Proof 2 Day Extender Dry Shampoo to remove excess oil and create texture. Follow by prepping your sections with Redken Iron Shape 11 to protect the hair using a 1 1/2” barrel iron to create loose waves throughout the entire head.
**Hot tip: Leave out the ends for maximum texture.
· Isolate the front left and front right quadrants of the hair to create a traditional three-strand braid, incorporating a ribbon of your choice onto the middle section securing with a clip.
· Braid the hair as normal utilizing Redken Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray to keep things tidy, and finish by taking an elastic to secure the ends, and replacing your clip with a hair pin to hold ribbon in place.
· Repeat on the opposite side of your head. Using your fingers or a wide-tooth comb to mess up those curls a bit.
**Hot tip: Redken Wind Blown 05 is perfect for breaking up the waves and giving an undone look.
· Slowly begin ‘pushing’ out the sides of your braids to loosen them up adding width and dimension before bringing them to the back of the head and pinning them on opposite sides.
· Finish off with a layer of Redken Triple Take 32 Extreme High-Hold Hairspray to ensure a long lasting result, perfect for a night on the town.
**Hot tip: Redken Powder Grip 03 Mattifying Hair Powder will be your best friend to easily manipulate the sides for that messy boho look.