The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) and PBA Charities have created a new fund to help our industry during this unprecedented crisis. The PBA COVID-19 Relief Fund will provide $500 to licensed beauty professionals who are unable to work due to COVID-19. The funding is intended to be emergency aid for short-term immediate needs such as food and bills. Those participating in individual or salon-based fundraisers for COVID-19 relief (i.e. a GoFundMe for your salon) are not eligible to apply.
Note from the PBA:
- Funds are limited to donations in hand and we expect to receive an overwhelming number of applications.
- We understand $500 doesn't replace your lost income, our goal is to provide a meaningful amount of aid while assisting as many as possible. Not everyone who submits an application will receive funding.
- Applications will be reviewed on a daily basis Monday through Friday.
- In order for your application to be considered, you MUST complete all the requested fields accurately.
- Applications will be funded with a lottery system as donations are received so that all eligible applicants have an equal chance of receiving aid.
- Do not submit multiple applications. Duplicates slow down the process for everyone and those submitting multiple applications will be disqualified.
- Due to growing concern for our staff’s ability to work onsite with quarantines, potential mail disruption, business closures & overall need to speed up funding delivery, our payment delivery approach will be a virtual prepaid card through Tradeshift/American Express. Selected aid applicants will receive an email with a link to create a login with our payment partner, Tradeshift Go. Once logged in, you will be able to request your $500. Once the request is approved, your funding becomes immediately available on a virtual prepaid card that you can use to pay bills and make purchases anywhere that American Express is accepted online or over the phone. Please make sure you use a valid email address on your application, or you will not receive funds.