We all have that one client who wants a different hair color every season. Rather than aggressive lightening and darkening, session after session, have you considered using extensions? Not only can your client have a different color in under an hour, they can also have added length and volume. In today's how-to video, Tucker Cinalli (@tuckerjstyle), Hairtalk Extensions Educator and Platform Artist, demonstrates how to use Hairtalk's color melt extensions to create a seamless sombre without actually using any color.
- For seamless, dimensional color, use up to four different colored extensions.
- Around the perimeter of the hair, use 4/8 paired with 5/23 for a drastic melt and extra lightness on the ends.
- In the center of the head, use 4/8 paired with natural 8 for a softer blend.
- For this particular look, use the 17" length.
- Use the bricklaying method to ensure that you don't apply too much hair, and maintain even length and volume throughout.
- Leave a 1/4" space in between each row of extensions.
- On the side of the head, place tape-ins about two fingers above the ear to prevent discomfort.
- As you move closer to the face, use 4/8 paired over 5.