Big Game of Thrones fan? Well, since season seven is officially over, here’s a way for you and your clients to get a GoT fix via Khaleesi-style braids from Moroccanoil’s Martin Plascencia (@mrtnplascencia). In the chilling words of Daenerys Targaryen, shall we begin?
Get The Look:
Look One: Dramatic and Regal Braids
- Prep the hair by shampooing with Moroccanoil Extra Volume Shampoo and Conditioner. Follow with Morrocanoil Volumizing Mousse and two pumps of Moroccanoil Treatment in original. Blow-dry the hair and micro crimp globally.
- Section the hair in a V-shape from the front, measuring out to the high points of the brows and narrowing down to the center of the nape.
- Apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream to the section and work through.
- Begin braiding the section into an inverted French braid. Once you have made a few pleats, continue, but drop sections out of each pleat as you go. Plascencia recommends using styling clips to hold the pieces you drop out of the way as you go. When you get to the nape, continue braiding but don’t drop out sections. Secure with a rubber elastic.
- On the right side, use a traditional French braid technique, picking up the pieces that you dropped. Incorporate them into the braid to create a webbing effect and continue down the length of the hair. Secure with a rubber elastic. Apply the same method on the other side.
- Use a simple three strand braid technique to braid together your braided tails. Remove the tails individual elastics and secure the combined braid with one rubber band.
- To finish, emulsify Moroccanoil Molding Cream in your hands. Starting from the base, apply it to the combined braid while you blouse to give texture and volume. Continue working up the middle section into to the crown.
Look two: A Faux Braid For The Non-Braiders
- Prep the hair with Moroccanoil Voluminzing Shampoo and Conditioner. Follow with two pumps of the Moroccanoil Treatment in Light applied globally. Begin roughdrying and when 50% dry, apply Moroccanoil Root Boost globally. Finish prep by curling hair with a one-inch Marcel curling iron and spritz with the Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray.
- Working horizontally towards the back of the crown, gently back brush the roots for volume. Flip hair back over, and use a rattail comb to smooth the shape. Apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream on the ends.
- Create a horseshoe section at the crown. Pull a piece of hair from the temple on each side, and knot together at the back to create a ponytail. Use hairpins to secure.
- Take two more sections, each from underneath your last and wrap over the ponytail. Crisscross the hair and tie, using a bobby pin to secure. (Plascencia recommends using a Topsy Tail tool if you have larger hands and struggle with working on little pieces.)
- Repeat step four all the way down the hair, pulling the hair from underneath your ponytail as you go until all the hair is wrapped and tied.
- Finish by spraying Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray globally and apply Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream while you blouse the braid.
- To create an upstyle, tuck and pin the tail of the braid into the nape.
About: What began as a single, revolutionary product that pioneered a new category in the beauty industry, has grown into a full line of hair and body products, all infused with nourishing antioxidant-rich argan oil, signature to the brand. Dedicated to providing the highest quality hair and body products, Moroccanoil has grown into an iconic beauty brand in less than a decade.