“Dyeing” to get your hands on Matrix’s SoColor Cult line? To tide you over until the June launch, watch Sara Hinckley (@SariPaints) demo her 16-section ribboning technique using the line. Check out how she made magic happen.
1. 1:1 Light Master and 30 Volume Matrix Cream Developer – Lighten until desired lightness is achieved or up to 50 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and cleanse Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo and towel dry.
2. Pre-tone with 1:1 SoColor Cult Lavender Macaron demi and 10 Volume Matrix Cream Developer for 10 minutes to neutralize yellow tones and create an even canvas.
3. Rinse thoroughly, then cleanse and condition using Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo and Conditioner
4. Dry hair to prep for 16-foil ribboning technique.
16-Foil Ribbon Technique
1. Working off the natural parting, create a weave pattern and place on foil and apply SoColor Cult Bubblegum Pink semi-permanent color. Repeat pattern creating four foils on each side of the client’s part and in each section of the nape area. Process up to 30 minutes.
2. Rinse thoroughly, cleanse with Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo.
3. To seal the cuticle, apply Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Acidic Milk Rinse and let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Next, apply Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Conditioner.
1. After blow-drying, curl hair with a 1¼-inch wand
2. Mist Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray all over