Whether your clients are headed to a music festival in the midwest or a vacation by the beach, voluminous curls are perfect for every occasion. And now, they're easier to achieve than ever before. With CHI's new LAVA Spin N Curl, you can give your clients the curls they want with the push of a button.
Here, Rocky Vitelli, CHI Global Artist, demonstrates how to use the tool to achieve perfect curls every time.
1. Start the look by sectioning the hair into three sections. Part the hair at the fringe according to the hair’s natural fall. Then create the next section starting behind the ear across the crown to the opposite side.
2. Create a subsection at the nape and pin the remaining hair up. Spray a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Natural Hold to the hair as you curl to create a versatile hold.
3. Use the CHI Lava Spin N Curl to create large voluptuous curls as you work from nape to fringe. Once the curler beeps, gently remove the hair and hold for a few seconds. This will allow the curl to set.
4. Run your fingers through the hair to loosen the curls. Spray the curls with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray – Firm Hold to secure the finished look.
5. Create a section around the crown. Holding the crown section in your hand tease, or backcomb, the hair to create volume. Using your fingers gently pull on some of the strands at the top of the crown to add dimension.
6. Secure the section with a clear elastic band, leaving the ends loose. Then add your crown accessory to the front of the crown section.
7. Take a small section of hair on the front-side of the accessory to create a two strand twist. Twist the hair to the mid-shaft and use a hairpin to secure it below the crown section.
8. Repeat step 7 on the opposite side leaving at least 2 inches of hair loose to frame the face. Finalize the look by spraying a light amount of CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray to the hair for a versatile hold.