Looking for a new spin on the traditional half-up half-down style? Let Moroccanoil show you the way. Unlike the usual twist, drape and pompadour techniques, this style frames the face with woven pieces, creating a delicate net around the hairline and crown that’ll suit all hair textures.
Get The Look:
- Start by washing hair with Moroccanoil Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. Continue prep by applying Moroccanoil Treatment Light and Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream globally from mid-lengths through ends. Dry hair with a round brush, directing the hair away from the face. Add Moroccanoil Perfect Defense and use a comb to further direct the hair with a directional blow-dry, moving the hair above the occipital bone toward the back.
- Create a ½" subsection at the front hairline between the recession areas. Divide the subsection in half and create a knot.
- Continue knotting the hair using a macramé pattern, adding hair from the front hairline until you reach the occipital area. To make things easier, use pin-curl clips to hold ends in place as your work from side to side.
- When you reach the end of your net, secure the last knots with elastics and hide the bands by wrapping small sections of hair from underneath around them. Set by spritzing on Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
- Spray the remaining lengths with Moroccanoil Dry Texture Spray to add texture, and curl fine sections of hair from left to right using the “beach wave” Marcel iron technique by alternating curl direction.
- To finish, apply Moroccanoil Molding Cream to the curls and ruche to define texture and add volume. Set with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
About: What began as a single, revolutionary product that pioneered a new category in the beauty industry, has grown into a full line of hair and body products, all infused with nourishing antioxidant-rich argan oil, signature to the brand. Dedicated to providing the highest quality hair and body products, Moroccanoil has grown into an iconic beauty brand in less than a decade.