Boho Waves (top)
by Michael Dueñas, celebrity stylist and founder of Hair Room Service (@michaelduenas)
1. Prep damp hair with a texturizing mousse like Oribe Surfcomber Mousse, and rough dry for lift and texture.
2. Starting at the nape, take a 1.5” curling iron to large, uneven sections, holding the iron vertically as you slide down the hair.
3. Continue curling the entire head, then apply R+Co Outer Space Hairspray. Flip the head over and shake out.
4. Apply IGK Down and Out Dirty Spray for added shine and dishevled texture.
5. Flip the head over again, and use an anti-frizz spray to prevent any future frizz, static and flyaways.
Effortless Beach Waves
by Joel Torres, TIGI Creative Director Americas (@joeltorresstyle)
1. Start by working a salt spray into damp or dry hair. I like to mist the product through the hair while running a blow dryer on a low setting. The key is to let the product sit on the hair and let it work without touching the hair too much, minimizing frizz.
2. If your client has naturally straight hair, wrap 1-inch sections of hair around the barrel of a curling iron to create additional waves. Leave 1-2 inches of hair straight toward the ends for a casual look.
3. When working with curly textures, you might have to polish the hair and then push the texture back with the nozzle of the dryer and your hands
Chanel Iman gets styled for the Coachella by Kendra Garvey for Kimble Hair Studio.
Kim Kimble,celebrity hairstylist (@kimblehaircare)
“People get their hair done just for Coachella. My salon gets a lot of requests for different hairstyles for the festival. Recently, supermodel Chanel Iman came into our salon to get her hair done for the festival. Our amazing braider gave her cool, colorful braids, which were fun and just perfect for the event.”
About: Keep up with American Salon on Instagram by following @american_salon. Use #AmericanSalon and #AmericanSalonSelfie on Instagram to show off your pics with us. Follow us on Facebook at Facebook.com/AmericanSalon. Tune into the American Salon Stories podcast and subscribe (iTunes link, Android Link) to hear from a new inspiring industry guest each week. And be sure to sign up for Your Daily Beauty Fix e-newsletter at www.americansalon.com/