At an awards show as prestigious as the Golden Globes, stars tend to play it safe on the red carpet. Simple makeup and classic hairstyles are the norm, but they're soon forgotten about after the hustle and bustle dies down. On the other hand, the most memorable looks come from the stars who took a risk.
Take Giuliana Rancic for example. The long-time E! News reporter took to the Golden Globes carpet in a Sherri Hill embellished black gown and voluminous ponytail by Matrix artistic director and celebrity stylist, Nick Stenson, and nearly a week later, we're still gushing over the look.
Get the Look:
- Cleanse hair with natural-origin formula Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner to maintain the color.
- On damp hair apply Matrix Style Link Blowout Skinny Queen Smoothing Blowout Cream and blow-dry using a boar bristle round brush. Spray scalp area with Style Link Play Back Dry Shampoo to build volume and texture.
- Create a section at the top/front of the head and backcomb for volume. Gently gather at the crown and secure with pins to reinforce height. Spray with Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray to hold in place.
- Gather remaining hair into a ponytail and secure with a clear elastic. Take a strand from the ponytail, loop it around the elastic, and secure with pins. Knot the top half of the ponytail and secure with a clear elastic.
- Loosen strands from the Knots to create a deconstructed, loose effect.
- Finish the look by spraying hair with Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.