Skate culture and the contemporary art scene inspired designers Laurence Chandler and Joshua Cooper to create their label, Rochambeau. For their SS18 collection at New York Fashion Week, the designers drew inspiration from artist and sculptor, Aaron Curry, whose prints and colors were seen coming down the runway. Oribe Educator Joey George (@joeygeorge) complemented the art-driven collection by creating hairstyles representative of the unique art school student. Some models sported sleek, smooth styles, while others were given distinctive haircuts mimicking the comic-book aesthetic of Curry’s work.
Get the Look:
- Create a strong center part (for the sleek styles only).
- Prep all hair types with Maximista Thickening Spray and Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse from roots to mid-lengths.
- For finer hair, apply Featherbalm Weightless Styler from mid-lengths to ends and let air-dry.
- For resilient hair, layer Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray and Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream and blow dry.
- For curly hair, use Curl Control Silkening Crème on damp hair and diffuse.
- Finish with Superfine Hair Spray.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.