In partnership with Oribe, Jenny Strebe (@theconfessionsofahairstylist) walks us through a double-knotted deep wave how-to for New York Fashion Week. To complement this season’s effortless high-fashion hair trend, the style plays up deep waves throughout with a double topknot for a true editorial feel.
And as a bonus, Oribe unveils their newest product, Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Intensive Treatment. It’s the perfect post-Fashion Week remedy to bring hair back to life. Keep watching to see how you can recreate this look.
Get The Look:
- Prep hair with the new Oribe Gold Lust Pre-Shampoo Intensive Treatment to create a protective coating.
- Apply Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse from roots to ends, and dry into the hair for added grit and texture.
- Section hair into two parts and apply Oribe Superfine Hairspray.
- Using the Hot Tools Ceramic Tourmaline Deep Waver, start close to the root and clamp down for a few seconds, working your way down to the ends. When it comes to the hair at the hairline, work the waver back in the direct of your style.
- Apply more Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse to the sides and blow dry using the Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer. Over direct the hair back with a brush to help smooth and add contrast to the volume at the top and center of the hair.
- Take a teardrop section from the top of the head, and clip away.
- Pull back the hair at the sides and tie into a ponytail underneath the teardrop-clipped section.
- Drop the clipped section and loosely tie into a ponytail on top of your last elastic.
- Tie the ponytail underneath into a knot and use bobby pins to secure, leaving ends out. Repeat with the ponytail on top, stacking it on top of the last knot.
- Spray the sides with hairspray, and comb back while blow-drying to set. Repeat on the other side.
- To finish, apply Oribe Swept Up Volume Powder Spray into palms, and then pull out some face-framing flyaways. To add more texture to the top, place fingers into the front and gently pull forwards, hair spraying while holding and then letting go.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.