Chromat kept true to their aesthetic this season, creating a Spring/Summer 2018 collection inspired by volcanic energy and serenity, with elements such as rocks, lava and volcanoes. To accompany the collection, Kien Hoang (@kienhoang), Oribe Director of Training & Content, created two looks. The first, a naturally textured look where Hoang and the Oribe team enhanced each model’s curl pattern using a Marcel iron and pick comb, represented the essence of tranquility. While the second, a twisted, coiled style with braids front and center, symbolized pressure and eruption.
Get the Look
- To create the shows braided style, prep hair with Foundation Mist and Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray. Brush through.
- Flatiron hair and split into three sections.
- Create cornrow braids starting at the crown and moving toward the face.
- Section off a thin “pie-slice” on each side of the head from the crown to the hairline and add to the braid until ear level. Be sure to spray each “slice” softly with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
- Continue braiding to chin level and secure.
- Blouse the braid and add Thick Dry Finishing Spray for fuzzy texture.
- Brush the rest of hair into a mid-height ponytail directly above the occipital bone.
- Secure with an elastic cord, and finish with Imperméable Anti-Humidity Spray.
About: Oribe Hair Care was founded by renowned editorial and celebrity hairstylist Oribe and beauty industry veterans Daniel Kaner and Tev Finger with the goal of creating a new kind of hair company, one that was designed with the most talented salon professionals and the most discriminating customers in mind. When developing the line, we didn’t want to compromise on any detail. We leveraged skin care technology and natural actives to deliver high-performance, treatment-based products—all while never forgetting that healthy hair is the underpinning for sexy, glamorous styling. Each product has been tested at length on set, backstage and in the salon to ensure that it delivers results, leaving us with a best-in-class collection that truly meets the needs of the hair-obsessed.