With 100 stunningly intricate runway looks and supermodel struts by big names like Naomi Campbell, Karlie Kloss and Ashley Graham, opulent seems be to be the only fitting description for Dolce & Gabanna's couture Alta Moda Spring 2018 show.
To wrap a massive three-day event, which included a presentation for the Alta Gioielleria jewelry line at the New York Public Library and a men's couture presentation at the Rainbow Room at Rockefeller Center, the luxury fashion house debuted its women's couture collection at The Metropolitan Opera House.
Styled by hairmaster Guido Palau, the Redken global creative director capitalized on vintage pastel colors and windblown curls to complement the colorful, New York-inspired collection. “There’s a lot of colored wigs at the show, which modernizes an otherwise old-fashioned feeling to the hair," Palau says. "There are many different hairstyles, with nods to Hollywood, the '30s, '40s, and hairdressing itself. I’m using a mix of products across all the girls, from Redken Satinwear 04 to Redken Wind Blown 05 to Redken Forceful 23.”
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep hair by washing with Redken Color Extend Magnetics to preserve color.
- Apply a quarter-sized amount of Redken Satinwear 04 to protect hair from heat and add a glossy shine.
- Blow dry hair using a boar-bristled brush.
- Wrap 1” sections of hair into tissue curls, clip and allow to set.
- Once hair is fully cooled, take the tissue curls out and run your fingers through your hair.
- Apply a few spritzes of Redken Wind Blown 05 for tousled texture and volume.
- Set the look with Redken Forceful 23.
- Add a headband or festive hair clip for added glamour.