We're all familiar with color melting, but have you ever seen a melt that looks this tasty? The team at Matrix decided to take fashion hair to the next level with their latest concept dubbed 'Ice Cream Color Melting' because of its obvious inspiration from several delicious ice cream flavors. Ahem, black raspberry, we're looking at you.
- Formula A: 1 scoop Light Master + 1 oz. 20-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8Step 1
- Formula B: 1:1 Color Sync SPV + 10P + 1 drop Watercolors Berry Violet + 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
- Formula C: 2:1 SOCOLOR 3VR + 5VR + 20-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8Step 1
- Formula D: 1:1 Color Sync SPV + Watercolors Quartz Pink + 10-volume MATRIX Cream Developer + BOND Ultim8 Step 1
Get the Color
- Starting in the back, working from the bottom up, take a horizontal slice and place on foil. Using a side brushing technique, apply Formula A approximately two inches away from the scalp area. With a sponge, or dry brush feather the formula upwards to avoid any harsh lines. Repeat application method until entire head is complete.
- Process until desired lightness is achieved or up to 50 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and lightly cleanse.
- Blow dry.
- Apply Formula B globally to tone.
- Process up to 20 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and dry.
- For color melt apply Formula C to scalp area and down a few inches
- Then alternate Formula B and D from the mid-lengths through the ends working around the head in a circular pattern.
- BOND Ultim8 Step 2. Process for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly, cleanse & condition with Total Results High Amplify Shampoo and Conditioner.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.