Last week, Redken Global Creative Director Guido created a chic and polished look for Tory Burch’s SS18 New York Fashion Week show. To complement the patterned textiles and garden setting, hair was uncomplicated with all models receiving smooth blowouts. The result? A well-groomed feel, with plenty of shine.
GET THE LOOK:
- Prep and add texture by washing hair with Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry Gloss Shampoo and Redken Diamond Oil Glow Dry Detangling Conditioner.
- Using your fingers, create a clean center part.
- Apply a bit of Redken Satinwear 04 to damp hair, section by section, to seal cuticles, protect hair and give soft hold.
- Using a round brush, blow dry hair in 2- to 3-inch sections. Leave one section on the top and blow-dry vertically
for a touch of volume.
- Set hair in pins for 20 minutes to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the hairpins and use your fingers to separate and soften the look to obtain a bend at the end, but not a curl.
- If needed, brush the hair at the end with a boar-bristled brush for added smoothness.
- 8Tuck the hair behind the ears, leaving some baby hairs around the face for a bit of personality.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com.