We could easily write a book explaining why we love balayage so much. The coloring technique offers a quick and easy pathway to a refreshed haircolor and, no matter what color your client starts with, the finished product is always natural looking and full of luminosity and depth. Caitlin Dugan, (@coloredbycaitlin) co-owner of The Beauty Lounge in Watertown, Connecticut, brought new life to her client's hair with a head full of balayage highlights and lowlights.
Get the Look:
- Roots: Oligo Pro Calura color 4B + 5B with 20-volume developer for gray coverage
- Comb the color down from roots to ends
- Balayage highlight: Pulp Riot lightener 20 volume
- Balayage lowlight: Redken Shades EQ 1 oz 5cb + 1/2 oz 6rb + 1/4 oz 3rb over previously highlighted hair
- Rinse, shampoo, towel dry and apply gloss globally: Redken Shades EQ 7cb + 9gb equal parts
- Process for 10-15 minutes.