Essie is setting hearts a flutter with its new 'Be Mine' Valentine's Day-inspired nail design. Developed by celebrity manicurist and Essie global lead educator Rita Remark, the classic pink and red look is sure to be a hit among clients looking to spread the love this Valentine's Day. Want to offer the design in your salon? Here's how to get the look.
What You'll Need:
- First Base base coat
- Cascade Cool or Lovie Dovie
- Too Too Hot
- Gel.Setter top coat
1. Start by applying a thin layer of First Base base coat, followed by two coats of Cascade Cool or Lovie Dovie to all ten fingers.
2. Using a detail or striping brush, polish a vertical line of Too Too Hot in the middle of each accent nail, followed by two curved lines on either side to form a heart.
3. Using a detail brush, fill in one side of each heart with Too Too Hot. On the opposite side of the nail, fill in the area surrounding the heart in Too Too Hot to make a checkerboard pattern.
4. Seal with Gel.Setter top coat.
This story originally appeared on our sister site, AmericanSpa.com