Creating gorgeous nail looks for clients is second nature to manicurists. Why not promote that talent and artistry to prospective new clients by tapping into the power of social media? Here are four engaging tips for showcasing and marketing your work online that that will build the kind of buzz that translates into potential sales.
1. Camera App:
- Start out taking pictures on your phone’s camera. The quality will likely be better than through the Instagram app itself.
- Shooting in natural light usually works best. Pay close attention to shadows and balance.
- If natural light is unavailable, invest in a few inexpensive lights that can make your photos pop.
- Simple works best. Basic colors, easy patterns, and clean lines will keep the focus on the nails.
- For optimum results, clients with photogenic hands make the best models for your nail shots.
- No oil. Hands should be moisturized, but not oily when shot.
- "What do I do with my hands?” is a classic question from anyone in front of a camera. Relaxed and natural is key. Have some example poses handy so they can mimic the examples and don’t be afraid to step in and adjust when needed.
- Props such as a sleeve, an apple, a furry blanket can be used to enhance the shot. While not necessary, complimentary colors, textures, and accessories can really make your work pop.
- Sometimes you may want to pose with the polish bottle use Make sure to post an identical photo without the bottle too. Many outlets want to share your work but can’t promote specific brands in that manner. Instagram’s carousel post is great way to have both pictures in the same post!
While small, these adjustments can make huge improvements to your social feed. American Salon’s Instagram posts nail pics daily – yours could be next!