The Goldwell Hair Color team is thrilled to announce the 2016 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Semi-Finalists. Hundreds of applicants nationwide entered for the opportunity to be selected as this year’s U.S. Color Zoom Global Creative Colorist, Global New Talent Colorist, and Global Partner Colorist winners. Contestants were challenged to bring their creativity to life around the theme of Disrupt, which asked stylists to break through the conventional constraints of shape, color, and texture.
Tasked to create unexpected elegance with fashion-inspired, boundary-breaking looks, contestants were judged by an esteemed panel of experts composed of: Vice President of Education, Salon, for Kao USA Inc. Sandra Humphries, Beauty and Fashion Director of Modern Salon Maggie Mulhern, Senior Editorial Consultant of Behind the Chair Jackie Summers, co-founder of Hairbrained Randy Taylor, and top stylist Patrick Melville. This prestigious panel curated this year’s roster of talented entrants and ultimately selected five standout colorists in each category as the U.S. Semi-Finalists.
Following this round, a 2016 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Gold, Silver and Bronze winner in each of the three categories will be named by the Goldwell Hair Color Global judges’ panel in Darmstadt, Germany. The Gold winners from each category will be invited to participate in the Color Zoom 2016 International Competition. This exciting live competition will take place at Global Zoom in Stockholm, Sweden in October, allowing finalists from around the world to showcase their talent. Judges then will decide which colorists will earn the titles of Bronze, Silver, and Gold Medal Winners in the Global Creative Colorist, Global New Talent Colorist, or Global Partner Colorist categories. The Global Gold Medal Winners will get the coveted role in helping create an upcoming fashion forward Color Zoom collection. Please join us in congratulating this year’s talented 2016 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Semi-Finalists.
- Colette Jones, GiddyUp Salon & Spa (Okanogan, WA)
- Keely Martinez, Tangles Salon (Wichita Falls, TX)
- Sharon Majano, Trademark Salon (Houston, TX)
- Amy Marshall, Dear Clark Hair Studio (Dallas, TX)
- Jacob Khan, Jacob K. Hair (Atlanta, Georgia)
New Talent Semi-Finalists
- Veronica Inness, Bleach Hair Addiction (Miami, FL)
- Linda Cabrera, Hair by Scott & Co. (Delray Beach, FL)
- Chelsey Smith, Hairplay Salon (Anchorage, AK)
- Sophia Ance, Cortello Salon (Jacksonville Beach, FL)
- Jasmin McGahan, Jasmin’s Hair Design (Kenai, AK)
- Daniel Rubin, Trio Salon (Chicago, IL)
- Rosa Hawkins, Di Rosa Haircare (Franklin Square, NY)
- Christopher Smith, Belleza Salon & Spa (Knoxville, TN)
- David Peacemaker, David Ross Salon (Charlotte, NC)
- Julie Sharp, Tangles Salon (Wichita Falls, TX)