The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is excited to announce the winners of the 27th annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the most prestigious photographic beauty competition. NAHA took place on Sunday, July 24 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas during PBA Beauty Week.
As the top award for professional hairstylists, makeup artists, and nail professionals, the 2016 NAHA winners in all 15 categories, including the People’s Choice Award were selected during this year’s event– hosted by Tony Award Winning actor, Alan Cumming.
- Avant Garde, Edward Woody- Folicle Salon, Charlotte, NC
- Contemporary Classic, Dilek Onur Taylor- The Salon by In Style JCPenney
- Editorial Stylist of the Year, Lucie Doughty-straightpinSTUDIOLA, Venice, CA
- Haircolor, Chrystofer Benson- CBC Chrystofer Benson Collective, South Weber, UT
- Hairstylist of the Year, Matt Swinney- Evolution, Minneapolis, MN
- Makeup Artist of the Year, Isidro Valencia- Hair by Charles & Company, Louisville, KY
- Master Stylist of the Year, Ammon Carver- Ammon Carver Studio, New York, NY
- Men’s Hairstylist of the Year, Nicole Higgins- Roots Salon & Hair Studio, Broomfield, CO
- Nail Professional of the Year, Cassandra Clark- Tangerine Salon & Spa, Coppell, TX
- Newcomer, Evan Erickson- Little Elm, TX
- People’s Choice Award, Matthew Tyldesley- Texture
- Salon Design of the Year, Michael & Michael- Chicago, IL
- Salon Team of the Year, Ammon Carver Studio- New York, NY
- Student Hairstylist of the Year, Jesse Ervin- Aveda Institute Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Texture, Michelle O’Connor- The Salon by In Style JCPenney
NAHA 2016 Awards Ceremony
The 2016 ceremony brought together the industry’s best to celebrate the artistry and skill of the professional beauty industry. This year featured a record-breaking number of artistic presentations from Aveda, Beauty Underground, Morrocoanoil, Redken and Wella, while 2016 Host and Tony Award Winning Actor, Alan Cumming entertained the audience with several outfit and hairstyle changes throughout the evening.
2017 Event Details and New Categories
NAHA 2017 will take place Sunday, July 9, 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. Two new categories have been added: Haircutting, and the second new category is Styling and Finishing. These two categories will replace the Contemporary Classic category to showcase the unique skillset needed in haircutting and to emphasize the art in a styled and finished look.
The NAHA 2017 entry process opens December 1, 2017. Applications will be available online at probeauty.org/naha.
Photo courtesy of PBA, Salon Team of the Year: Ammon Carver Studio in New York, NY- Photography: Richard Monsieurs
About: The Professional Beauty Association is the largest and most inclusive trade organization representing the entire beauty industry. PBA exists to elevate, unify and serve the beauty industry and the professionals that improve people’s lives. Formed by the merger of the Beauty and Barber Supply Institute (BBSI), American Beauty Association (ABA), The Salon Association (TSA), and the National Cosmetology Association (NCA), the Professional Beauty Association is the only organization to represent the entire beauty industry. Representing nearly 2,000 beauty-centric businesses, and more than 25,000 individuals, PBA members include manufacturers, distributors, salons, spas, schools, independent practitioners, students and industry suppliers. In addition to advocacy, PBA provides its members with opportunities to save money on events and education, and access to industry research and resources. Committed to the long-term success of the stylist and the businesses that employ and support them, PBA is focused on enhancing the professionalism of the industry and committed to helping members achieve personal and professional excellence.
For more information on membership levels and dues please visit: www.probeauty.org/join.