Sergiy Shapochka from Ukraine was named the Champion of the American Crew 2014-2015 All-Star Challenge, the top annual global competition for men's hair styling. The announcement was made on April 20, 2015 at the Fiera Roma Arena, in Rome, Italy.
Sergiy's look was inspired by the movies of the '60s and '70s, including "Rebel Without a Cause." "He is a character like James Dean and James Bond; the guy that is quiet, masculine and discreet, and speaks with his actions, not with his words," said Sergiy.
This year's competition featured the following country finalists:
* David Andreas Kyrkiris, Canada
* Kevin Birk, Denmark
* Guillaume Fort, France
* Marcel Kuchenbrod, Germany
* Zsanett Fabian, Hungary
* Sergio Criscino, Italy
* Armando Rivas De La Cruz, Mexico
* Inger Lise Moa, Norway
* Jaime Ruiz Tello, Peru
* Krzysztof Chodorski, Poland
* Raul Santana, Spain
* Homan Taghizadeh, Sweden
* Leonard Cakolli, Switzerland
* Sergiy Shapochka, Ukraine
* Alyssa Brasket, United States
The competition judges were:
* David Raccuglia, founder, American Crew
* Paul Wilson, Artistic Director, American Crew
* Wayne Gross, Fashion Director, Maxim
* Sergi Bancells, General Manager USA, Spain and Latin America, Estetica Magazine
* Jerome Kantner, 2013-2014 American Crew All-Star Challenge Global Champion
The All-Star Challenge is widely considered one of the top men's grooming competitions among professional hairdressers. The event recognizes the best stylists in the world, and celebrates their talent and dedication to the art of men's grooming.
About: American Crew continues to lead the way in the men's grooming business. With a passionate commitment to men's grooming, the purpose is to bring men into salons, provide them with a great new experience and show them new ways of incorporating style into their everyday lives. American Crew recognizes the growing number of men that are concerned with their appearance and who want to look their very best. This trend of image-conscious men spans all ages and backgrounds. For more info visit americancrew.com.