Sandra Perovic from the United Kingdom was named the Champion of the American Crew 2015-2016 All-Star Challenge, the top annual global competition for men’s hair styling. The announcement was made on April 18, 2016, at the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, in Paris, France.
Sandra was inspired by the iconic looks of James Dean and Elvis Presley. She put a modern twist on a classic style that's wearable for the everyday man. "I'm shocked and can't believe it happened," said Sandra of her win. "It's an amazing feeling."
This year’s competition featured the following country finalists:
- Guy Gallo, Australia
- Hasan Nasser, Canada
- Jesper Olsen, Denmark
- Guillaume Fort, France
- Givi Jintchvelashvili, Georgia
- Frederic Mendes de Sousa, Luxembourg
- Frida Andersson, Norway
- Paulo Soares, Portugal
- Rustam Mirasov, Russia
- Federico Lucchese, Italy
- Robert Dallo, Spain
- Kevin Herzog, Switzerland
- Renat Murzagaleev, Ukraine
- Sandra Perovic, United Kingdom
- Sara Leahy, United States
The competition judges were:
- Paul Wilson, Global Artistic Director, American Crew
- Theri DeJoode, Global Technical Director, American Crew
- Sandra Nygaard, Fashion and Grooming Director, Men’s Health
- Sergi Bancells, General Manager USA, Spain and Latin America, Estetica
- Sergiy Shapochka, 2014-2015 American Crew All-Star Challenge Global Champion
BACKGROUND: The All-Star Challenge is widely considered one of the top men’s grooming competitions among professional hairdressers. The event recognizes the best stylists in the world, and celebrates their talent and dedication to the art of men’s grooming.
About: American Crew continues to lead the way in the men's grooming business. With a passionate commitment to men's grooming, the purpose is to bring men into salons, provide them with a great new experience and show them new ways of incorporating style into their everyday lives. American Crew recognizes the growing number of men that are concerned with their appearance and who want to look their very best. This trend of image-conscious men spans all ages and backgrounds. For more info visit americancrew.com.