On November 23, singer Fergie worked the red carpet at the 2014 American Music Awards with a jaw-dropping black Halston Heritage dress and long, gorgeous waves styled by Wella Professionals Celebrity Stylist Andy LeCompte.
Here’s how LeCompte created the look:
1. Wash and condition hair using Wella Professionals LuxeOil Keratin Protect Shampoo and Keratin Restore Mask, which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Prime damp hair by applying 2-3 pumps of Wella Professionals LuxeOil Reconstructive Elixir to the palms of your hands and distribute evenly throughout hair.
3. Blow-dry using a medium-size round brush to create volume at the roots.
4. Wrap 2- to 3-inch sections of hair around 1.5 inch ceramic curling iron to create long, loose waves.
5. Lightly backcomb hair at the roots and brush through waves with a wide-tooth comb.
6. Create a side part and tuck the hair (on the side closest to the part) behind the ear.
7. Lightly mist hair with Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray to prevent flyaways.
8. Finish the look by spraying hair with Wella Professionals Light Oil Keratin Protection Spray leaving it smooth, shiny and red-carpet ready.
About Wella: Wella’s brands are distributed in more than 180,000 salons across the globe, and include Sebastian Professional, Koleston Perfect by Wella Professionals, Color Touch by Wella Professionals, Blondor by Wella Professionals, Clairol Professional and Nioxin. Exceptional products, inspiring education and unique salon business-building programs make Wella, the Salon Professional division of P&G, a world leader and expert in hair and beauty. Please visit www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G (NYSE: PG) and its brands.
Image: Singer Fergie at the 2014 American Music Awards.