Our August cover look features Simply Organic's Rebecca Gregory and Jennifer Andrews Interpretation of the Boho Chic trend. Feature stories include American Crew Founder David Raccuglia sharing his favorite celebrity portraits and a look at Tattoos as The Perfect Form of Self-Expression for many professionals. To go behind-the-scenes at our cover shoot, watch the video.
Our departments are jam-packed with gorgeous photos, tips, trends and techniques. Here’s a preview:
IN BRIEF (what’s on our radar this month)
- A model makeover from Bumble and bumble’s Global Artistic Director, Laurent Philippon
- A stripped-back, gritty collection from Dee Parker of Mark Wieselmann Salons in Melbourne, Australia
- A game-changing thermal styling brush from FHI Heat
- The book that proves why helping others drives our success—HSN’s CEO Mindy Grossman makes all new employees read it.
- The pop-up shops at Harper Salon in Los Angeles change every three months.
THE CRAFT (art and commerce)
- Travis Smith’s rite of passage to become a member of Sassoon’s inner circle
- Cream of the Crops: a classic collection of short cuts from Chumba Concepts Salons in Melbourne, Australia
- Oil Boom: Oils that regenerate, moisturize and condition hair
- Why cordless clippers might just be the best tool in your arsenal
BETTER BUSINESS (ideas that inspire success)
- Screenwriter Michael Elliot opens Hammer Nails, a fresh take on men’s nail care in West Hollywood, California.
- Why business cards are still relevant
- Paul Mitchell identifies six areas in the salon where you can maximize revenue.
- Career advice from Aveda’s Scott Buchanan
PLUS! EXCLUSIVE EDUCATION SUPPLEMENT
Get Smart: A Field Guide to Education - featuring in depth articles around all you need to know to plan your education for the coming year.