Inspiration: “Tribal Techno”
Taking inspiration from the collection’s snakeskin theme and the show’s strong tribal music, powerful and creative was the clear directive for the hair look at Esteban Cortazar’s SS16 Paris Fashion Week Show. “When I listened to the music for the show, I knew the hair had to look very strong.We came up with this tribal techno style with intricate angular features and graphic shapes. It’s strong and glossy, but at the same time it’s also very playful,” said Wella Professionals Global Creative Director Eugene Souleiman. “I loved the idea of creating a braid, without braiding. Instead of the usual plaits, we’re tying the hair in very tight, angular sections to the head.”
Create the Look:
1. Start by prepping dry hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting.
2. Create a wide zig-zag shape parting, and separate hair into four sections.
3. Soak hair with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm to add shine, gloss and texture.
4. Start with the first section and tightly tie hair to the head at approx. 1 inch wide intervals creating a ‘no-braid braid’ effect and leaving the ends loose. Repeat for each zig-zag section.
5. Next spray Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Shine Spray to the lengths of the hair and use ribbons of faux python skin to bind the base of each ‘no braid braid.’
6. To finish the look, using a bowl and brush paint on Wella Professionals EIMI Sculpt Force onto the hair for maximum shine and gloss.
About EIMI: Available September 2015, NEW EIMI by Wella Professionals is the first word in styling. With EIMI you can truly be yourself, interpreting the latest global trends, speaking the language of style and individuality. In addition to four brand NEW products, EIMI also incorporates all your favorites from Wella Professionals to complete a comprehensive line up of 20 styling products. EIMI is a celebration of individual style, making SS‘16 Fashion Week – a new beginning in the fashion world, full of inspiring creativity, unparalleled craftsmanship and unlimited self-expression – the perfect launch pad for this exciting new brand.
Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting
Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Firm
Wella Professionals LuxeOil Light Oil Shine Spray
Wella Professionals EIMI Sculpt Force
Hair Styling by: Eugene Souleiman, Wella Professionals Global Creative Director