Jennifer Lawrence and Olivia Munn both graced the red carpets this past week wearing hair styled with Oribe products. Lawrence, who was in New York City for the premiere of Silver Linings Playbook (2012), which already has Oscar buzz, had her hair styled by Oribe himself. “She’s only 22, but her presence is really strong, so I wanted to keep her young and fun,” Oribe said of the starlet’s soft bangs and voluminous ponytail that complemented her black tuxedo. Below, Oribe shares his secrets for getting this easy look:
- Dry hair with Oribe Royal Blowout.
- Apply Dry at the roots for lift, then loosely pull hair back into a ponytail and secure.
- Spray Soft Lacquer onto sections of the ponytail and curl with a large-barrel iron. Brush out. “Having some wave softens the ponytail,” says Oribe. “The Soft Lacquer provides hold and shine—I always use it when I’m working with a curling iron.”
- Finish with Shine to add a little red carpet luster.
Munn was on the opposite coast to attend the BAFTA Los Angeles 2012 Britannia Awards in Beverly Hills. Celebrity Stylist Kristen Shaw did Munn’s hair and stated that a low Spanish bun was her inspiration for the style. Below, Shaw explains how to recreate Munn’s chic updo:
- Work Supershine into the ends of the hair and spray Maximista into the roots to create soft, full texture when blown dry.
- Wrap sections of hair from mid-shafts to ends around a 1-inch curling iron, going away from the face. Brush through the curls.
- Rake Crème for Style through the hair and loosely pin 1-inch sections of hair in the shape of a bun so they fall in a soft, textured way.
- Finish with Superfine to hold hair in place throughout the evening.