Despite there being many gorgeous updo’s at last night’s 72nd Annual Golden Globe Awards, gorgeous side-swept hairstyles took home the gold. Pureology International Artistic Director Wendy Bélanger and Pureology Artistic Ambassador Sandra Joseph share step-by-steps on how to recreate last night’s favorite looks including Allison Williams’ glam waves, Jennifer Aniston’s updo and Jennifer Lopez’s beach waves.
Allison Williams (recreated by Wendy Bélanger)
1.To get Allison’s deep side part with beautiful glam bombshell waves, blow-dry hair with a round brush. Create a deep side part after applying a quarter-sized amount of Pureology Colour Stylist Silk Bodifier volumizing mousse. Blend with a dime-sized amount of Colour Stylist Nourishing Nectar sculpting gel for added hold and blow-dry.
2. Using a 1” - 1¼” iron, set the hair in diagonal back partings across the top and crown of the hair and a brick layer pattern going down on the back and sides.
3. Let cool and apply a small amount of Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher shine serum to your hands until it transforms to a serum. Run your fingers through your hair to separate curls and add separation.
4. Tuck smaller side behind your ear and finish with Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray for moveable hold and humidity resistance.
Jennifer Aniston (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
1. Begin by applying Pureology Colour Stylist Root Lift spray hair mousse to damp hair from roots to ends for texture and grip.
2. Rough dry roots with fingers, finishing the mid-lengths and ends with a medium round brush.
3. Mist Fresh Approach Dry Shampoo throughout root area for added texture and separation.
4. Create a left side part, gather all hair to the center back of the head and secure into a ponytail.
5. Split ponytail in two sections. Lightly backcomb, and then twist both sections together.
6. Wrap the twist into a bun, loosen with fingers and pin into place with fasteners.
7. For a long-lasting hold use Colour Stylist Supreme Control high hold hairspray for colour-treated hair.
Jennifer Lopez (recreated by Sandra Joseph)
1. To prime and protect colour-treated locks like Jen’s, mist Pureology Colour Fanatic throughout damp hair.
2. Apply several pumps of Highlight Stylist Bodifying Luminator texturizing shine-foam and blow-dry with a medium round brush.
3. Wrap warm hair into barrel curls and pin. Mist Colour Stylist Strengthening Control zero dulling hairspray all over curls and patiently wait to set for 15 minutes.
4. Drop curls and rack with fingers. Back comb root area to create volume, then smooth surface with a soft bristle brush.
5. Create a short center part and tuck hair behind the ears.
6. Work a small amount of Colour Stylist Piecing Sculpt high holding sculpting fiber paste through ends for shine, separation and memory.
Created especially for professional colourists and their clients, Pureology is a salon
haircare brand unlike any other. Pureology's highly concentrated ZeroSulfate® shampoos and
exclusive AntiFadeComplex® help colour-treated hair retain its fresh-from-the-salon
vibrancy with every use, while 100% Vegan, Dual Benefit Formulas provide custom
care for every hair type. DIscover more pureology.com.