In the March issue of American Salon, we feature fabulous products to add to your arsenal of heat protecting tools. As promised, here's more heat-stylers that every stylist's tool kit should include:
- Agadir’s Argan Oil Spray Treatment can be used to protect hair before flat ironing or blow drying. Argan oil reinforces the lipid layer surrounding the cuticle to protect hair from dehydration while providing a smoother comb through, especially on longer hair.
- Aveda’s Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair is a daily leave-in treatment that repairs damage while it protects hair from heat styling damage. Organically-derived quinoa protein penetrates the hair shaft to repair damage, while wheat protein helps protect hair against thermal damage and soy-derived oil detangles to protect hair from breakage during combing.
- GKHair’s ThermalStyleHer with Juvexin is used before heat styling to restore hair from the inside out and protect against future damage. Natural silicone seals the hair to protect against dehydration while proteins from natural grain extracts strengthen each strand.
- Keratin Complex's Straight Day Styling Spray is a daily treatment designed for use with the company's Smoothing Therapy treatment. Straight Day replenishes the hair's existing keratin bonds to enhance treatment results while increasing shine and softness. On wet or dry hair, this hydrating spray smoothes, reduces flyaways and tames unwanted frizz.
- L’Oréal Professionnel’s Smooth Velours creates sleek styling with light control and uses the power of heat to add a shimmering radiance. Engineered for medium to thick hair textures, Smooth Velours is applied to damp hair prior to blow drying. Finishing with a flat iron will enhance smoothness and shine.
- Sexy Hair’s Healthy Sexy Hair Soya Want Flat Hair spray is specially designed to be used with a flat iron. Spray onto dry hair for a customized effect. Create super straight hair with a heavier application; use less product to achieve a silky, soft and naturally straight look.
- Zotos' Blow Dry Addict crème is a heat-activated formula that, worked into damp hair before a blow-out, performs intense rehab on damaged strands. Zotos claims that Blow Dry Addict reduces hair breakage by 87% and makes hair seven times stronger in just one use while protecting hair from future damage.
Read more on