One in two women air-dry their hair. * With this fact in mind, Redken has developed NEW No Blow Dry air dry stylers, the easy solution that allows clients to achieve a frizz-controlled style without the use of a blow dryer. Designed for clients on-the-go who are either short on time or do not have the desire to heat style their hair, No Blow Dry is a great alternative to a heat styler.
The air-drying trend has also been seen across the New York, London, Milan and Paris Fashion Week runways, where embracing one’s natural hair texture is now more on-trend than ever. Designers have drawn inspiration from each model’s individual esthetics and style, incorporating their own personalities into the overall ‘look.’ This trend has translated from runway to every day, where clients are letting their hair air dry naturally, then taming frizz with a leave-in cream.
Ideal for clients who are tight on time, taking a break from heat tools, or want to achieve an effortless it-girl look, No Blow Dry gives a perfected air-dried finish with the help of Redken’s Air-Tex Technology, which contains flexible polymers for control and movement as well as quick dry polymers to speed up drying time. Each cream gives noticeable style results with natural movement and control, a soft touch and a no-product feel.
“It can seem counterintuitive for a stylist to recommend a styling product that involves nothing more than air-dry,” says Rodney Cutler, Redken Brand Ambassador and owner of Cutler/Redken Salons in NYC. “However, for me, products like No Blow Dry perfectly capture today’s clients: they’re multitaskers on-the-go, and as we’ve seen at Fashion Week, that effortless look is more chic than ever. As a stylist, it’s important for me to give a client a great cut and shape so that their hair can dry naturally, and this product is the perfect complement. It’s unrealistic to think that a customer will blow dry their hair every single day for that fresh-out-of-the-salon look, so recommending an air dry cream is a great alternative to suggest so clients can still achieve amazing style.”
The NEW No Blow Dry collection contains three new creams: Airy Cream for fine hair, Just Right Cream for medium hair and Bossy Cream for coarse hair types. To use any of the No Blow Dry creams, simply work a dime-sized amount evenly into clients’ damp hair, then scrunch or twist in and air-dry for best results.
TIPS & TRICKS
- For loose beach waves, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry to damp hair. Create one loose braid and let hair air-dry. Undo braid, and shake out hair to perfectly waved tendrils.
- For tighter beach waves, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then create two or more braid, depending on hair’s thickness. Let hair air-dry, then undo braids and shake out hair.
- For a soft, face-framing bend, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then clip hair behind ears and allow it to air-dry. Unclip, then gently tousle.
- For bouncy waves with root volume, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then twist hair into a high topknot, and allow to air-dry. Undo the topknot and gently brush through.
- For tousled waves with sleek roots, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then twit hair into two low buns, and allow to air-dry. Undo the buns and gently brush through.
- For enhanced natural texture, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then scrunch hair and allow it to air-dry.
- For defined natural curls, apply the appropriate No Blow Dry then gently twist curls into shape using fingers and allow to air-dry.
The suggested retail price for No Blow Dry is ($24) and is only available at Redken authorized salons nationwide starting in April 2017.
For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.