We saw so many amazing hairstyles hit the red carpet at this year’s Golden Globes! From glamorous Hollywood waves and deep side parts to tousled ponytails and sleek buns. Rodney Cutler, Redken Ambassador, Owner of Cutler Salons in NYC and StyleSeat Advocate put together a few simple tips so you can master these red carpet favorites at home.
Laura Prepon’s Glamorous Waves
Achieve Laura’s dramatic old-Hollywood-meets-new look with these easy tips:
Prep: Apply Redken Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Primer to wet hair for a glossy look and blow-dry hair with a paddle brush.
1. Straighten hair with a flat iron.
2. Divide hair into two sections and clip top layer of hair on top of the head.
3. Spray bottom section of hair with Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Hair Spray and curl starting at the ear by wrapping pieces around a 2” inch curling iron. Curl all pieces in the same direction and hold curling iron vertically.
4. Unclip top layer of hair and use a comb to create a side part and spray with Redken Quick Dry 18 Instant Finishing Hair Spray. Unlike middle parts, which can be difficult to pull off, side parts are flattering on everyone.
5. Continue to curl hair, starting with the piece closest to the face on the dominant side.
6. Brush hair with paddle brush after curling to soften waves.
7. Pin the front section of hair back behind ear on side with less hair using bobby pins.
8. Apply hair spray as needed to hold the hair in place to show off your luxurious flat waves. The key to mastering this look is to add that gorgeous shine to the hair by applying a modest amount of Redken Diamond Oil Shatterproof Shine.
About Redken: Through a unique mix of fashion, science and inspiration, Redken brings NYC style and creativity to the salon community. As a leading brand in the US, Redken is committed to supporting hairstylists and empowering them to “learn better, earn better and live better” through innovative products and an industry-leading education platform. For more info visit redken.com.